Yep. You got it. I am looking for an Intern!! But first, a little about me before you apply.
My name is Jennie, also known as “Jennie Lou” to some.
Originally, I am from Austin, Texas, but now reside in Denver, Colorado. I attended Baylor University and graduated with a graphic design degree in 2012. I like my coffee black, and love meeting people on airplanes. I enjoy just about anything outdoors, and traveling all over the world. Taylor Swift, Leon Bridges, and Josh Garrels are the most played artists in my iTunes. My dying meal would, hands-down, be a juicy, hamburger with sweet potato fries, and a chocolate milkshake. In another life, I would be a race-car driver, or a pilot…I have a severe need for speed. Also, I can entertain myself just about anywhere, and love, love, love talking to strangers.
About a year and a half ago I started my own business, “Jennie Lou Art”, as a full-time artist (sure did!). My job is a dream I never knew I had, and I 100% cannot take credit for it. To describe my business in one sentence:
“Jennie Lou Art is an art-service, but more importantly a platform giving others permission to believe in their gifts and pursue their own ambitions.”
That being said, in the last year my business has grown quite a bit, and I could really use some help with simple tasks one day a week. Unfortunately, I am not in a place where I can pay just yet, but I will treat you to as many coffees, lunches, and one-on-one entrepreneurial lessons in hopes of making your time with me well worth it!
Ideally, I am looking for a mature, adventurous and ambitious girl to work alongside me as I juggle the many roles I play as an entrepreneur. You will need to have excellent communication skills, be hyper-organized, and willing to be flexible. As of right now, I could use help between 4-6 hours a week in my studio (sometimes in a coffeeshop)! While a creative background may helpful, it is not required. You must be 18 years or older.
The scope of your internship may include:
· Creating or organizing spreadsheets
· Developing social media posts
· Shipping and packaging artwork
· Purchasing materials
· Communicating orders to my printing company
· Booking travel for my “live wedding paintings”
· Corresponding with clients inquiring about commissions and weddings
Be authentic and always yourself!
Work with a positive attitude.
Do everything to the best of your ability.
Be willing to try, and fail sometimes.
Be on time, and prepared for the day.
Be ready to learn together, I am still new to this too!
To Apply, please provide:
· Name, Address, Phone
· School (High School, College and any degrees earned)
· Past job/Internship experience
· 2 Personal references with contact information
· 2 Employer references with contact information
1. Why do you want to do an internship with Jennie Lou?
2. How do you want to grow during this internship?
3. What would your mom say are your greatest strengths?
4. What makes you come alive?
5. How would you describe yourself by combining 2 movie characters?
6. How do you like your coffee?
7. Have you ever taken the Meyers Briggs personality test? If so, what type are you?
(If not, you should take this quick test : http://www.16personalities.com/)
8. What is one of your life passions and/or dreams?
Please send application to Jennieloupitts@gmail.com Deadline: November 1, 2015.